We know you’ve all been waiting to find out what you’ll be eating this week, so without further ado…
Week 1 distributions will include:
- Sorrel– A great crisp lemony spring green that is amazing in salad. You can see some soup recipes from Virginia here.
- Kale– A beautiful dense brassicus leafy green packed with beta carotene and vitamins C and K
- Red Onions- Small, sweet, purple, and delicious
- Dandelion Greens– Slightly bitter dark greens with serious antioxidant powers
- Greek Oregano– Amazingly fragrant and fresh. Great on everything from tomato sauce to fish.
- Grape Leaves– An awesome Mediterranean treat these make great wrappers for lots of meal
EXTRAS FOR THIS WEEK:
(These are optional extras available to everyone at distribution on a first come first serve basis.)
- Clover Blossoms– Delicate lavender blossoms with a light cucumber taste, great in salads
- Stinging Nettles– A light flavor similar to spinach when cooked, and is rich in vitamins A, C, D, iron, potassium, manganese, and calcium. Contains natural anti-histamine. Makes a great pesto.
- Fresh Cut Flowers