Upper Meadows farm is having a bountiful year, and to celebrate, we are offering a limited number of mid-season shares!
Will this mean less food for existing members?
Actually, it means more food for existing members. Each year we plant 150% of our projected need. This year, through a combination of new management strategies, a superior crew, farmer Len’s planting wisdom, and some good luck we have and will have plenty of vegetables for our members.
Accepting a limited number of NEW members mid-season provides us with the additional resources (more labor, equipment upgrades, and more volunteer hands) to be even more aggressive about mid-season planting and cultivating. Fall is already looking generously abundant. Mid-season shares will ensure even more variety and quantity in addition to enriching our community.
How much does a share cost? How long will it run?
• Our mid-season share runs 11 weeks starting the week of August 17, 2009.
• 11-week family share (approx 2/3 of small family’s weekly veggies) for $450.00
• 11-week individual share (approx 2/3 of veggies for 1 or 2 people) for $325.00
When & Where Do I Get My Food?
• Shares can be picked up weekly at our established distribution days/locations in Montague, Flanders, Sparta, Verona, and Jersey City , NJ or in Brooklyn or Manhattan, New York. Distribution details can be found here.
How do I sign up?
1. Let us know you’re interested! Call 973.293.8171 or e-mail email@example.com to let us know you’d like to participate in this special offer. We will need to know your preferred mode of payment, your preferred pick up location, and whether you’ll be faxing, e-mailing or bringing your signed and completed CSA agreement to distribution
2. Complete and sign your CSA agreement. The agreement is here. Please read it, fill it out, and fax it to 973.293.8171 or bring it to your first distribution.
3. Pay 1 of 3 easy ways! Payment can be made through PayPal, with food stamps, or a check payable to Upper Meadows Farm. (Our mailing address is 12 Pollara Lane, Montague, NJ 07827)
Anything else I should know?
• To see what’s been in the shares so far, get recipes, and meet our members, check out our distribution history for 2009 right here on the blog.
• We are happy to make special financial arrangements for those who need them. Please ask!
• Members are required to contribute 4 hours of volunteer time either on farm, at distributions, or from home. We are very flexible!
• CSA Members get 10% off the purchase of all farm products- produce, organic pasture-fed beef, chicken, turkey, and eggs, plus outrageously good honey and maple syrup.
How can I contact you with questions?
We are available by phone at 973.293.8171 or by e-mail below
Help Upper Meadows Farm Share the Bounty!
Filed under: Uncategorized |