Posted on October 20, 2009 by Virginia Citrano
Individual shares, select 6
Mixed Baby Lettuce
Green Wave Mustard
Purple & Red Mustard
BABY LETTUCE BUNCHES
Filed under: This Week's Shares | Tagged: Asian Greens, Bok Choi, Chicory, Chives, Dandelion, Hickory Nuts, Lettuce, Mustard, Oregano, Pak Choi, parsley, Pears, Pumpkin, Radish | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 13, 2009 by Virginia Citrano
Individual shares, choose 4
Baby Greens (lettuces & arugula)
EXTRAS: Parsley, Chestnuts or Hickory nuts, Collards, Squash, Lettuce, Flowers
CHICKEN WILL BE AVAILABLE AS WELL AS OUR OWN ALL-BEEF HOT DOGS. PLEASE USE THE ON LINE ORDER FORM FOR CHICKEN
Distribution ends the last week of October including November 1st. Please plan accordingly. There are a number of members who have not yet fulfilled their volunteer time commitment. Please contact your distribution coordinator directly to coordinate your volunteer time. IF you are not in a position to meet your volunteer obligation there is a ‘Buy-out’ option. This option provides very necessary dollars directly to offset labor expenses. If you want to exercise this option please click here to make an on line payment. Find the PayPal in the left column in the ‘JOIN HERE TODAY’ section, or make a payment at your next distribution.
Filed under: This Week's Shares | Tagged: apples, Chestnuts, Collards, Greens, Hickory Nuts, Kale, Lettuce, parsley, Radishes, Squash, Swiss Chard | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 9, 2009 by Virginia Citrano
Individuals, choose 6
Extras: Chestnuts, Hickory Nuts, Lettuce, Stinging Nettles
We’ll have fresh and frozen chicken each week. Please order here.
Please excuse the late announcement. Fall greens along with radishes are just coming in. There are also some surprise extras. See you at distribution.
Filed under: This Week's Shares | Tagged: apples, Basil, Chestnuts, Chicory, Collards, Dandelion, Hickory Nuts, Kale, Lettuce, parsley, Pears, Pumpkins, Radishes, Stinging Nettles | Leave a comment »
Posted on September 24, 2009 by Virginia Citrano
Individual shares select 5
Extras: Cucumbers, Pears
Filed under: This Week's Shares | Tagged: Acorn Squash, apples, Cucumbers, Garlic Chives, Kale, Lemon Basil, parsley, Pears, Swiss Chard | Leave a comment »
Posted on July 20, 2009 by Virginia Citrano
Gourmet published this recipe last year, just as Dr. Oz was touting the benefits of purslane on the “Oprah Winfrey” show. The purslane is from the Week 7 distribution; the parsley and tomatoes are from my garden.
The younger of my two resident food critics gave it “a billion thumbs up.”
Filed under: Recipes | Tagged: parsley, Purslane | Leave a comment »
Posted on June 29, 2009 by meganwmoore
Week 5 Distribution!
- Siberian Kale
- Cracoviensis Lettuce
- Baby Red Onions
- Red Deer Tongue Lettuce- An heirloom lettuce that was grown by early Native Americans, Deer Tongue is a mild succulent loose leaf lettuce with beautiful coloring.
- Batavian Escarole– A nice zesty green with crunch, escarole is related to chicory and endive. This variety has a nice bite, and is great in the salad bowl or braised.
- Forellenschluss Lettuce
- Collards-Related to broccoli to cabbage this awesome hearty greens are a good source of vitamins A and C. I’m on the look out for some good sustainable bacon to cook up with these this week.
- This week’s extras: Nettles, Grape Leaves, and Flowers
Red Deer Tongue
Filed under: This Week's Shares | Tagged: Collards, Escarole, Kale, Lettuce, Onions, parsley | 2 Comments »
Posted on June 8, 2009 by meganwmoore
I hope everyone is enjoying the veggies in their first share.
Here’s what’s coming at all you CSA Members this week:
- Lacinato or Dinosaur Kale
- Sorrel- Here’s an AWESOME sorrel dip recipe from Jeff Perry
- Lambs Quarters– Lovely leafy green, often referred to as wild Spinach. Packed with Vitamins C and A, it’s great in everything from salad to soup.
- Stuttgarter Onions- Sweet and mild yellow onions.
- Stinging Nettles– Delicious when cooked, nettles contained natural antihistamines, and makes an amazing pesto.
- Grape Leaves
Extras this week: Clover Blossoms and Fresh Cut Flowers
Filed under: This Week's Shares | Tagged: clover blossoms, grape leaves, Kale, Onions, parsley, Sorrel, Stinging Nettles | 3 Comments »